Tuesday 23 October 2012

Homemade lasagne / Lasagne maison

Lasagne always reminds me of my Mam. I remember her making it in the kitchen, carefully layering bolognese sauce, lasagne sheets and a creamy mushroom sauce, before smothering the lot with grated cheese. It was always delicious, and most importantly made with love. 





Now my Mum is miles away and I miss her. Growing up is great, but sometimes my homesick self needs ways to feel close to her even though we don't live in the same country anymore. 

Making lasagne is one of these ways, although I haven't used my Mam's exact recipe (Campbell's mushroom soup being her secret ingredient, it is impossible to find it in France!).  

Still, as I sprinkled over the cheese and put the lasagne in the oven, just for one minute I didn't miss her.



No comments:

Post a Comment