Friday 4 January 2013

A very Marmite Christmas / Un Noel 'So Marmite'

A little bit late with the shout-out but thanks so much to everyone who made my pre-Christmas trip back home to England so amazing. 

Firstly, my beautiful Uni girls who all made the effort to come dine with me in London and especially my amazing, thoughtful and talented friend Style Mouth. Fab cocktails, lovely food, extra-special company: what more could a girl ask for? 

Well, maybe just a walk down Oxford Street to see the Christmas lights. To my surprise and delight, there was a Marmite theme going on this year. I love Marmite and have even managed to convince Cheri; not a bowl of soup goes by without him adding a massive spoon of Marmite. I rest somewhat traditionalist - marmite on toast all the way! 


The trip just kept getting better once safely back home in sunny(?) Newcastle. Fitting my two families into 5 days was a challenge and I would have loved to spend more time with everyone, but it was definitely just what I needed. Christmas shopping with my Mam was one of the highlights, especially when I came across these limited edition Marmite Gold pots in Debenhams! 


A bit of Christmas-elf style hinting meant that Cheri even got one in his Christmas stocking. The lucky devil! Blog post to follow when he finally opens it. 

Hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Year full of happiness, good food and most importantly, the people you love and who love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment